Monday, September 1, 2014

Our Home {Entryway Update}

  Hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend! We spent a lot of time watching football (Boomer Sooner) and relaxing with friends.  I also completed our entryway... isn't it amazing how accomplished you feel when you get a project done that has been in the works for months?

  I really had no plans for this space until I came across a chippy, industrial cart at an antique store and couldn't pass it up.  I put it in our entry just to get it out of the way and kind of fell in love with how well it fit the space.  Once I decided to try it out there, I went out shopping  for some accessories to compliment it's industrial vibe.  I didn't want to over-power it with a lot of accessories, so I stuck with some simple, natural elements!

  Once I got it styled, I went searching for the perfect wall decor to hang behind it.  Again, I needed something fun and interesting but nothing that was going to be heavy and too much for the space.  I found these three wicker nesting baskets and immediately knew they would do the job!


After that side was complete, the right side of the door was looking sad and bare. I had purchased 2 antique printer's drawers a few months ago and thought they might be perfect.  I am pretty happy with the way they balanced out the space and the element of surprise they add to the other side of the door.




I really like the vintage, industrial feel the space has now.  The natural elements add some texture and the neutral colors flow well with the rest of the house.



A little close up of what I styled the printer's drawers with....



Scrabble tiles, letter Hs (for our last name), cast iron numbers that represent our wedding anniversary, old door plates and a few metal arrows.  I plan on adding more fun items as I collect them!

The view from our living room, the pieces work well with my old card catalog!



I love the way it looks and am glad I came across that little, chippy cart!  It is amazing what happens when you aren't really shopping for something specific but come across something that you just have to have! My biggest advice to people when it comes to decorating is not to shop for a something to go in a specific spot but to buy things you really love...you will always find a spot for them!

Check back later this week for a "Shop the Look" post where I give you some ideas on how to create the same look in your home!

Have a great week!



Linking up to: Inspire Me Monday @ Domestically Speaking ,
                        Sunday Showcase @ By StephanieLynn

                        Yellow Bliss Road
                        LizMarieBlog




19 comments:

  1. It looks AMAZING! Love those baskets on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so good Lindsay! And I really love that cart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Lindsay! I have that same cart and it is in my office. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are so versatile, I want another one for our playroom! ;)

      Delete
  4. Love it all! What is your paint color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! I wish I knew the paint color. It was picked out at the builder's design center and I can't find my selection sheets. The touch up can they left isn't labeled! I need to call and find out. I'll update when I have it. I know it is KWAL brand and I hear Sherwin Williams is about to buy them out!

      Delete
    2. Looks like Tin Man if it's Kwal! Maybe the next shade. Love it!

      Delete
  5. It looks so homey, homey! ha Boomer Sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore your home!! Such perfect placement of everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! Such a beautiful home. Not sure which part of the entry is my favorite! Really loving the baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! Can you tell me where you got your Square Wood Clock? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's your wall color? Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS