Here are some items from HomeGoods that added the finishing touches to the room!
1. Throw Pillows: I love these felt throw pillows I found at HomeGoods. They are simple yet interesting and the texture adds a lot to the space! The colors were perfect and the fringe and poms added a whimsical touch without being over the top!
2. Unexpected Elements: The textured wreath you see above the bed is also a HomeGoods purchase. I love the unexpected element it adds to the space and it brings a lot of dimension to the room. When working with such a limited color scheme, it is good to use interesting décor to keep the space from being bland. I simply added it over an old, salvaged screen for a unique focal point above the bed!
3. Tassel Throw Blanket: I love using throw blankets pretty much all over the house! They add such a warm and inviting element to the space! I love the large tassels on this throw I found at HomeGoods and it was perfect in our bedroom!
4. Table Accessories: I kept things very simple and used a few vintage items to add character to the space. A vintage, metal parts bin was used to add height to the nightstand. A simple glass jar, metallic antlers and a few candles softened the space and created a serene feel in the space. We turned salvaged staircase balusters, from an old house, into one of a kind lamps. I love mixing vintage pieces with new pieces to keep things interesting!
6. Candles: Creating a relaxing ambiance was as simple as adding a few candles to each side of the bed. Shown above, I just added small votive candles as well as a jar of tapers for visual interest. On the other side, a large terrarium holds 5 large candles that create the perfect glow when lit!
5. Faux Plants: Since our dresser is so ornate, I knew I wanted to keep things simple! These faux potted plants were the perfect way to add a natural element to the room without taking away from the beautiful details of the dresser.
6. Simple touches in our reading nook: A fur throw rug, pom pillow and cozy throw blanket make our reading nook a great place to snuggle up with a good book!